August 29, 2009

Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues

Hello everyone, I'm baaack!! No, I didn't go away, just have been super busy with work and life. I can't believe it's almost September, but it's still soooooo HOT! At least here in California in Silicon Valley. Yesterday temperatures reached 101 degrees, and today it's supposed to reach a high of 103. Eeeeksss!

In honor of this long and hot summer, I have three cards to share. I have to say, I've been having a lot of fun making these summer cards. I used sponges and regular dye ink pads to gently sponge the color on for all three elements: the sand, water and sky. You want to sponge the ink on these types of *scene* cards so it gives a soft muted look. The water on the vertical card was made by adding touches of white gel pen to make the look of waves, bubbles and foam. I really enjoy doing these beach scenes! Oh, I also tore scratch paper and used the edge to mask off where the sand meets the skyline. This fun stamp saying is from Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Company, and it's called *Summertime Blues* (item # 1649).



Thanks for stopping by!!!

stamps: Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Co
paper: Stampin Up cardstock
ink: Dew Drop Brilliance Rocket Red Gold, Colorbox Chalk Warm Red, Stampin' Up
Accessories: stickers - Jolee's/Sandylion/JoAnn's, art sponges, white gel pen, cloud template

Here is a historical clip of Eddie Cochran singing his popular hit song! Enjoy!

Followers

About This Blog

This blog was created by and is maintained by Maxene Choi.  All Images on my blog are my original handmade creations, unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy or use any of my work without asking permission. These creations are shared for personal or non-commercial use only. Designs may not be copied for the purpose of publication or contest submissions. Please be respectful, thank you!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP