May 25, 2009

Turquoise Mocs


Here is another Moccasins card I made last week.  I had so much fun with this one too!  This time I used LuminArte's Twinkling H20's to paint in the turquoise mocs.  (I used *Mediterranean Blue*) and the rest of the mocs are colored in with Copics and Shimmerz Paints.  I tried really going Southwest with this one and used my *wooden planks* designer paper, indian beads, and matching ribbon!  I hope u like it!





Here's a close up of the shimmery Twinkling H20's and an even better shot at the Shimmerz I painted on top of the dark brown soles and leather laces.  I wanted to brighten them up since the moccasins are shimmery too.  I used *Candle Light* Shimmerz over dark brown Copic markers.
 









I painted over my foam American Crafts thickers alphabet letters that were lime green - I used a turquoise colored paint and then after they dried I applied some 
Distress Stickles over them.  It's so neat how it looks like chunks of antique broken glass.










Here's a close up of the beads on the safety pin, pinned to the side of the ribbon.  I found the safety pins at a huge new dollar store called *Daiso* which originated in Japan.  You can find everything there - most items are only $1.50!  I found these pins in the sewing section and they say *Black* safety pins but they look more like antiqued pins - I thought they were perfect for using on my vintage-y cards!

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies:
Stamps:   I Brake For Stamps Large Moccasins, Stampin' Up retired sentiment 
Papers:   White Cascata Cardstock, *Barnwood* dp by Hot off the Press
Inks/Markers:   Copics
Accessories:  Spellbinders Labels Four, ribbon, Prima Forever Flowers Daisy in Copper, Twinkling H20's, Shimmerz (see links above)b

Followers

About This Blog

This blog was created by and is maintained by Maxene Choi.  All Images on my blog are my original handmade creations, unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy or use any of my work without asking permission. These creations are shared for personal or non-commercial use only. Designs may not be copied for the purpose of publication or contest submissions. Please be respectful, thank you!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP