April 30, 2009

Arches, Rock Formations & Nature ATC Stamps

Hi all, 

here are 2 new cards I made with ATC-sized rubber stamps (2.5" x 3.5")  from Creative Play Stamps' *Arches Collection* and *Nature* category.  They are a selection of photographed scenes of natural rock formations and are perfect for making ATC's, collages, and cards.  (I also have to point out that they're great for making masculine cards).
The stamps in the collection are:  Balanced Rock, Landscape Arch, Rock Formation, Skyline Arch and Three Gossips

For my first card I used *Animas River* from the Nature category.  I had the idea to use both the real and faux stitching from a cowboy card I received from a swap a few years ago.  I also wanted it to look worn and antiqued so I distressed the edges of everything with Tim Holtz's distess ink in *Vintage Photo* using a sponge to apply the ink, and then tore out the image and the corner of the card with my deckle-edged tearing ruler to achieve these torn and tattered looking edges.  I colored in the stamp with my dye ink-based Marvy BrushArt Markers and then huffed on the stamp before I stamped it.  I went over the detail afterwards with darker shades.

I was looking through all my rubber stamp sentiments, greetings & sayings and remembered this stamp from Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Co., that I recently got and I thought that it went perfectly with my image.   (The birdies are flying away free in the distance!)  I achieved the moon image by punching out a 1 inch round punch scrap piece to make a mask, and then I sponged light blue ink all around it and drew in the birds with a fine black Copic Multi-liner pen.


This next card was also inspired by a swap I got some years back, where they had stamped a single flower then had it peeking out from a frame that had twine tied on all 4 corners.  I thought I would try that on this card and continue the cowboy and distress theme.  This stamp is called *Three Gossips*.  Doesn't it look just like 3 gossiping figures?  They look like they're wearing robes and are leaning in to hear the latest gossip!    I used most of the same techniques on here as I did on the first card.  This sentiment (quote) is also from Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Co. 


Supplies available at Creative Play Stamps:
FIRST CARD
Stamps: Creative Play Stamps *Animas River*, Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Co *13117 - Set Free*
misc:  deckle-edged tearing ruler, art sponges, twine, paper piercer

SECOND CARD
Stamps: Creative Play Stamps *Three Gossips*, Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Co *13106 - Rest*
misc:  art sponges, twine, paper piercer

Followers

About This Blog

This blog was created by and is maintained by Maxene Choi.  All Images on my blog are my original handmade creations, unless otherwise noted. Please do not copy or use any of my work without asking permission. These creations are shared for personal or non-commercial use only. Designs may not be copied for the purpose of publication or contest submissions. Please be respectful, thank you!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP